Sunday, September 5, 2010

Starkville Trip

It's been quite some time since I've posted here, mostly due to classes and athletics starting up again. It's been an incredibly long week, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

In my previous post, I talked about how busy I'm going to be this year and this semester. Well, I still could not have predicted the first week would hit me like a ton of bricks as it has.

As I write this, I'm riding back from working the Memphis vs. Mississippi State football game in Starkville, Miss. Memphis lost 49-7, in case you were wondering. (Check out my post game story here).

Though it will be after 2 once I get home, which means my Saturday night is effectively over, it's all worth it. Not only is it rewarding to see your name in print on a story, or to know you helped produce a video, but I also know that it will help me in the future.

Late nights like these are no fun when you're in the midst of one. Yet, think back a few years and you'll probably recall late night work sessions that have paid great dividends--I know I have. 

Starting next week, I'll be adding an additional component to this blog: school. For my Public Relations writing class, we are required to start a blog or begin to update a pre-existing one.

So, I'll be reading article found at www.adweek.com and posting my reviews of those articles here. I'll also continue to post my thoughts and opinions about the sports world as I have time. 

Hope everyone is having a great start to the new semester. Goodnight world.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: